Posted to rec.audio.opinion
fid fid is offline

Default Tweeter replacement for Kef 107

You will find that very few if any Tweeters have a removable face
plate, what you will need to do is fabrecate an adapter plate to go
between the speaker cabinet and the inside of the round Tweeter face
plate.

They ( the professionals) will adapt, somehow, the new tweeters to the
speakers enclosure.

And don't change one Tweeter change both, and modify the crossover to
suit the spec's of the new tweeters.

I have no idea how to change the crossover. I will not touch that.

As to the question about 100Hz rated tweeters, [ the scan speak 700000
are rated at 80 Hz ] you really have to hear the things to
understand. Again, if you want good performance, you will have to pay
for it.

I don't mind spending more for a more desirable performance.

Will Kef supply a PAIR of new tweeters, to suit there cabinets, and
strange as it might seem, have you tested them, disconnected from the
crossover, your speaker fault could well be a crossover componant,, It
does happen,, but i don't have any idea about the crossovers in the Kef,
it could be a complex unit, or simply just a "cap'' in the line.

What attracts me from choosing Kef's tweeters as replacement is that
it would be more likely to succeed in this replacement. But I know
virtually nothing about their new tweeters.

It is obvious that I am a novice here, but please excuse me if I
insist: if the tweeter has the appropriate impedance and sensitivity,
and it has the proper frequency range suitable for the cut-point, why
would I need to modify the crossover network?

I like the Kef 107 very much, but I always felt that the tweeters
could have been somewhat different.
So I am looking forward to replace them. But I what to do this very
carefully. For that I appreciated your inputs.