Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Patrick Turner

Default Phil **** OFF

Jack Crenshaw wrote:

Phil must have a bad home life wrote:
: Phil Allison wrote:

: And those "decent" el-34 - 6L6GC tube data sheet/specs are where?
: ** Any good data book.
: How about an actual mfgrs 6L6GC data sheet?
: ** The spec you need to check is the one for *absolute max* plate voltage.

How about one for actual AB1 or AB2 operation? The spec that mentions
the mfgrs recomended values for typical guitar/audio amplifier operation.

: It is typically quoted as 2000 volts (or more) for both
: the EL34 and the 6L6GC.

In AB1 or AB1 amplifier operation..? Where's the link to that data sheet
Phil?

: Very high peak plate voltages *are* experienced in a guitar amp.

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....!!!! Oh, you put us to sleep Phil. Since
you're having so much fun. We can all say that "very high peak plate
voltages *are* experienced in most amplifiers. Oh joy, now we all have
some really technical information... but not from you Phil.

: In a Marshall it can reach *5000* volts peak during overdrive !

No where in the original post was a Marshall Amplifier mentioned Phil.
Talk about going off topic again.

: In a Music Man it cannot exceed 1500 volts or double the plate supply.
: That is what those HV plate diodes do.

So figure some bitter AH like yourself puts an untested low dollar
replacement tube into an amplifier with higher plate voltage. Regardless
of the amplifier model (just for you Phil) a tube "glitch event" is not
good news. Do you put untested tubes in amplifiers Phil?

: ** Output tubes operate at well over 1000 volts peak in the majority of
: guitar amplifiers.
: In a Marshall, or similar amp, peak plate voltage can reach +/- 5000.
: Data sheets for the EL34 give the *plate max voltage* as 2000 volts.

How about any mfgrs data sheet for actual AB1 or AB2 audio amplifier
service using the 6L6GC? What's that value you seem to never provide?

: The max **plate supply** is given as 800 volts.
: Which has NOTHING to do with "hi=pot" testing.

High-Pot or Hi-Pot is related to testing tubes (& parts) for
breakdown at higher potentials. You drone on about it being bad
news to place tested tubes into amplifiers. I guess you're going
to overtake Groove Tubes, NDB Electronics or New Sensor as the
better tube re-seller very soon. If you're placing untested tubes
into amplifiers with just the word of the tube seller, you're
just another bad hack Phil. And a bitter one at that...
s.

What is _WRONG_ with you people????

There was a time -- and not that long ago -- when this NG was populated
adults. While we didn't always agree, we did manage to disagree with at
least a modicum of civility. Now you guys are arguing like
first-graders, fighting over an Easter egg or a chocolate bar.

In the end, who _GIVES_ a rat's ass about the maximum plate voltage of
an EL-34? We're in the middle of a War on Terror. Thousands of people
died in 9/11. Thousands more have died since. Hundreds more died in
New Orleans. And you think the world is going to revolve around the
maximum plate voltage of an EL-34? What _PLANET_ do you people live on?

Certainly not the same one as I.

But we do all share the same world.

People die screaming each day on the roads and in industrial/mining/farming
accidents
and by cancer dealt out to them from a merciless God. Isn't the road toll 50,000
pa for the US?
Don't 13,000 people get shot pa in the US?
The number dying by wars, terror, etc are quite small compared to the unsung
thousands
starving to death or living in such squalor that you wouldn't tolerate.
You may shoot yourself with your beautifully made american pistol if you were
forced to live the life of the average have-not on the planet somewhere in Africa,
or rural china / india etc.

Better that you would moan and groan about your rich countries apathy to and
treatment of the suffering of millions
rather than focus on the mainly self inflicted suffering of America's peoples.

The rate of painful death has been going on since Eve whacked the tempting snake
on the head with a stick,
cooked it up and served it to Adam to eat. Adam said, "Dis good tucker Eve, ****
dat apple ****".
Neither Satan or God were happy with the experiment of allowing apes to evolve
into ****ing people,
and have been inflicting **** that happens ever since a very long time ago.

One day soon, **** will happen to each of us to lead us to our conversion of us
and of our spirit
into a puff of smoke, oil prices permitting.

We start out being a smile on our parents faces, and finish up nothing except an
urnful of dust.
Very few people are remembered for their time between smiles and dust.

To be famous for longer than 15 minutes takes an exponentially greater amount of
effort
by the after-smile non-dust person, although some only become famous after
becoming dust.
Just imagine if there was a meaning to life! The universe is infinite, and its
knowledge is infinite.
Yet we have those who think they know everything, and would thus be God if they
did.
Leave 'em alone to argue with each other.

Get a life. Get out of your chair, walk away from the computer, and do
something useful.

Nah, let them sit there jabbing at their keyboards all bloody day.

Think of the terrible damage they would cause away from their computer!!

Patrick Turner.

I ain't gonna let em make me grumpy.

Jack