Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Skipp still is a bitter horses behind

Default **** OFF - YOU DAMN LIAR

: Tube people like Groove Tubes, NDB Electronics and others have built up a
: faithfull reputation for pre-testing tubes.

: ** Groove Tubes is nothing but a clever CRIMINAL SCAM .

Now your true colors are showing through Phil.

: Crap tubes from Asia do not get any better because some half-witted hippy
: carried out a meaningless test procedure.

Yeah right Phil, I guess all the people buying Groove Tubes are going to
purchase their next replacements from you... not!

: Some selected & tested tubes are not limited to the max rating of 500V.

: ** 6L6 GCs and EL34s are *speced* at 2000 volts maximum -

Where on a 6l6GC data sheet do you see specified AB1 or AB2 operation at
2000 volts max Phil..?

: ** Groove Tubes is nothing but a clever CRIMINAL SCAM .

You seem to be the only one equating Criminal Scam with Groove Tubes Phil.
Try the decafe and get a life.

: ** Any decent EL34 or 6L6GC will operate fine in a MM amp.
: It is one of the easier amps on its output tubes - compared to tube
: killers like Marshall, Laney& Orange.

Typical off topic dodge... We're only talking about the Music Man
amplifiers, you know... the circuits with higher than average plate/anode
potentials, which are not so forgiving of cheaper quality tubes.

: Nothing wrong with the above... I simply say you should high-pot test
: new tubes for breakdown before you place them into the less forgiving
: (much higher than average anode/plate voltage) Music Man Amplifiers.

: Do you pre-test tubes you place into service? If you know the amplifier
: has much higher plate voltages vs the average circuit, would you not
: try to test it for breakdown at the higher voltages?

: ** Marshalls can subject their EL34s to 5000 volt peaks during operation.

Another off topic dodge. Music Man Amplifiers using the 6L6GC Phil..!
Remember the original post said nothing about Marshall Amplifiers.

: MM amps do not exceed 1500 volts due to the use of reverse diodes from
: plates to ground.

You call them reverse connected diodes Phil..? You'd better get your
thinking hat back out of your behind and figure out what they're really
called.

: The " breakdown" issue comes from inductive kick backs, NOT plate
: SUPPLY voltage.

You need some decafe... If you were a little more civil I'd debate your
inductive kick back topic a bit. Tube breakdown concerns come from a
number of issues and all those sources come into play during MM Amp
operation.

: Skip is a FAKE !!!
: He is a brainless, human parrot for scam artist tube re-sellers.
: B E W A R E !!

Yeah right Phil, we'll all still be waiting for your 6L6GC tube data
sheet info, which says the 6L6GC tube can operate at the ~700vdc plus
plate voltage found in Music Man Amplifiers. We're talking any data sheet
with an actual AB1 or AB2 amplifier operation spec, not some off topic
dodge as seen quite a bit in your typical bitter blather.
s.