Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default 12" passive radiator replacement?

nickbatz wrote:
Since the world is waiting with bated breath - update: I fixed them.

Not bad. Haven't connected them to my good power amp (Hafler 9505), but the biggest problem is almost no useful response below 50Hz - despite having two 12" woofers each.

My first thought was that the front- and rear-firing woofers aren't in phase, but nope.

If the slope of the rolloff is very sharp (sharper than 6dB/octave), they
likely were designed to have been used with a subwoofer. They are from that
era where the sat/sub thing was becoming very popular.