Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron Capik[_3_] Ron Capik[_3_] is offline

Default Is Sony Acid Pro a DAW program?

On 3/28/2012 9:30 PM, Les Cargill wrote:
Ron Capik wrote:
Sony's having a sale on some of their software, including
Acid Pro. It looks like it's a DAW program. I'm thinking of
getting it, so I down loaded a demo copy.

Acid is a looper. Dunno if you can make it DAW or not.

I have a bunch of 6 track 24 bit wave files I'd like to
mix down. I can't seem to get Acid to open them.

A bunch of six files, or a bunch of one file, 6-tracks? I
don't know of anything that reads those directly...

There's always libsndfile.

Can anyone here tell me how to load them into Acid?
If not, why not. Also, if not then what is Acid good for?

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong software.
==

Later...
Ron Capik

Les Cargill

Wave files can have [nearly] any number of tracks.
I have a large number of live show multi-track dumps
from an ADAT. Someday I'd like to mix them down.

Sound Forge has no problem opening multi-track
wave files, but has no control surface interface for
mix down...

Acid can do multi-tracks and control surfaces.
Odd that it can't open these files.
==

Later...
Ron Capik