ric

Default Great *sounding* CD recommendation?

GT~ wrote:

However, reviews of many "universal" players have revealed that most are
better at playing one format than another.

Personally, as someone who has seen one format war after another, I'm
sick of this crap. Just to keep playing music I have amassed over the
years I need a turntable, open reel deck, cassette deck, MiniDisc deck,
CD deck...and now I need even more stuff? Forget it...

And that was my whole point, which totally blew right by the audiophile's
ears.

And just when was that your point? Your first statement was "They are
formats for anal-retentive audiophiles who obsess over every note",
followed by "The new blue-ray technology that will be coming out in a
couple of years will put both of those formats to shame" followed by
"Besides, you have to buy two ****ing players in order to cover
everything" and "You'll be stuck with the equivalent of an old
laserdisc or DAT player" [ignoring the fact that combo players play
DVD-V and standard CDs as well as DVD-A and SACD.]

Later you complained (ignorantly so) that there weren't enough combo
models to meet your needs, claimed that Japanese marketers were selling
us a "bill-of-goods" with DVD-A and SACD, claimed that combo players
wouldn't play DVD-V, DVD-R, MP3, VCD, etc. (again, ignorantly so), and
finally (for the first time) saying that you don't want to get stuck
with obsolete *software*, a dilemma that all VHS users will be facing
in the not so distant future.

So, "And that was my whole point" means from 1734 EDT today until now,
only, right?

--
Better than hearing "Lady Day", or checking in at Monterey...