thelizman

Default why are salesmen such idiots? BECAUSE ALF, YOU ARE A JERK

Richard Crowley wrote:

Perhaps you should get several facts straight. Go back
and read the original posting.

The OP was "SEVEN SEVILLE" (not me) who was asking for a
unit for his truck that he could use to play his MP3 collection with.

Okay dickhead, perhaps you shouldn't munge the quotes in your replies.
The original post is not on my server - one of the many reasons usenet
equiquette exists is to preserve the context and format of statements.

Actually I believe Mr. Seville was asking specifically
for MP3 playback so that he could play his existing
collection of music. He never mentioned anything about
"clarity" or "digital audio", but specifically for an "MP3
player".

Wow, I think I've met my match in the "pompous arrogant ****"
department. If I recall, my statement was that "[he] expressed an
interest in Digital Audio", which is what MP3 is. The salesman was right
to direct his attention towards digital satellite radio options.

The salesguy attempted to up-sell him to a
sattelite receiver which he never expressed any interest
in.

How can you express interest in something you don't know about? This is
why stores still have salesman. As I advised, if you know it all, then
don't bother the sales people.

I strongly suspect that there was a financial incentive
to sell satellite radio receivers, but I could overly
suspicious from previous dishonest encounters.

Newsflash guy - he's a commercial establishment. There's a financial
incentive to sell everything. It's called "capitalism".

Mr. Seville specifically stated that he could hear the
compression artifacts in the demo setup at the shop.

If satellite receiver quality really is determined by
"proper installation" then Mr. Seville had no real
expectation that they could do any better in his truck,
than they did for their own sales demo, now did he?
An inauspicious exhibit of their abilities to say the
least.

The keywords being a "demo setup", which was likely through an FM
modulator. A unit with builtin XM reception produces very high quality
music. I think you need to stop speaking for Mr. Seville. You're not
even doing a good job of making up your bs on the fl, much less trying
to interpret his perceptions.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why local shops are going
out of business. Customers can't find anyone that either knows
what they are talking about or will give them a straight and
unbiased answer. Thank goodness for the internet. No further
questions, your honor. I rest my case. The witness is excused.

"local" shops, when they are going out of business, are doing so because
of their inability to compete with chain stores in the areas of price
and product availability. The talent at the chain stores is roughly the
same, which can be bad or good. I haven't seen any local shops going out
of business around here. In fact, one of my former coworkes left his job
at a chain store to start a "local" shop selling car sound and
performance products - he's making more money than he knows what to do
with. Another former coworker left a management position at said chain
store and bought up a 'local' shop and has now expanded to two
operations in fairly large market (Greensboro / Winston-Salem, NC).

Local shops going out of business indeed. Ask Eddie Runner how close he
is to going out of business.

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than the rec.audio.car newsgroup without the express written
permission of the author is forbidden.