Richard Crowley

Default why are salesmen such idiots? BECAUSE ALF, YOU ARE A JERK

"thelizman" wrote ...
Richard Crowley wrote:

Would YOU take sound/audio "advice" from someone who was
flipping burgers last week?

Appeal to authority, and a straw man argument. You enjoy logical
fallacies don't you. I've worked as a game room attendant, computer
technician, website operator, and combat infantry in the last few
years. I bet I've forgotten more about car audio than many people on
this newsgroup will ever know.

Redirection (from MP3 to XM) is always suspicious behavior.
Was he not listening to the customer? Did he not know what MP3
is? Is there a big spiff on selling XM this week?

You expressed an interest in Digital Audio,

Perhaps you should get several facts straight. Go back
and read the original posting.

The OP was "SEVEN SEVILLE" (not me) who was asking for a
unit for his truck that he could use to play his MP3 collection with.

presumably for its clarity over AM/FM.

Actually I believe Mr. Seville was asking specifically
for MP3 playback so that he could play his existing
collection of music. He never mentioned anything about
"clarity" or "digital audio", but specifically for an "MP3
player". The salesguy attempted to up-sell him to a
sattelite receiver which he never expressed any interest
in. I strongly suspect that there was a financial incentive
to sell satellite radio receivers, but I could overly
suspicious from previous dishonest encounters.

And make no doubt - a properly installed XM setup
sounds alot better than FM.

Mr. Seville specifically stated that he could hear the
compression artifacts in the demo setup at the shop.
If satellite receiver quality really is determined by
"proper installation" then Mr. Seville had no real
expectation that they could do any better in his truck,
than they did for their own sales demo, now did he?
An inauspicious exhibit of their abilities to say the
least.

What the salesman did was redirect you to a
competitive product that he felt would satisfy your needs. If you know
it all, mister, then don't bother the salespeople. Order **** from
crutchfield, and spare both yourself and the salesguy the
pain-in-the-ass hostilites. He's just trying to make a living.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why local shops are going
out of business. Customers can't find anyone that either knows
what they are talking about or will give them a straight and
unbiased answer. Thank goodness for the internet. No further
questions, your honor. I rest my case. The witness is excused.