Kalman Rubinson

Default why are salesmen such idiots?

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:09:05 -0500, thelizman
wrote:

michael turner wrote:

I thought commercial establishments stateside already had a commercial
satellite music service, DMX: www.dmxmusic.com. They tried DMX here in the
UK via cable a few years ago, but the company went bust.

For individuals, the market is much shallower. The consumer demand on
this side of the pond is image driven, and not equity driven. We still
don't have jack from RDS other than the station call letters, while in
some parts of Europe RDS actually changes the channel for you.

Too bad. I get DMX at my country house and I've enjoyed it for most
of the last 10 years.. The sound quality and program content, for me,
are vastly superior to what comes from cable and TV satellite
providers. Have not compared it to satellite radio but see no need
to.

Kal