thelizman

Default why are salesmen such idiots?

michael turner wrote:

I thought commercial establishments stateside already had a commercial
satellite music service, DMX: www.dmxmusic.com. They tried DMX here in the
UK via cable a few years ago, but the company went bust.

We do. Many establishments get their canned music via DirecTV. Several
cable services also broadcast digital music channels, and in larger
markets they rebroadcast local AM/FM content for free over their Digital
Packages. A long time ago they had SCR (Satellite Commercial Radio)
which sent commercial free music over C-band satellites, but this was
largely replaced by the micro-dish providers.

For individuals, the market is much shallower. The consumer demand on
this side of the pond is image driven, and not equity driven. We still
don't have jack from RDS other than the station call letters, while in
some parts of Europe RDS actually changes the channel for you.

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than the rec.audio.car newsgroup without the express written
permission of the author is forbidden.