(remove)sound

Default why are salesmen such idiots?

Jerry G. wrote:

You can get car radios that are FM/AM/CD that will play MP3's. The one in
my car will do all of these but not play MP3's. There are many models of
cars being sold with standard FM/AM/CD car radios that will play MP3's. MP3
is just another standard that requires its own type of decoding. Many of the
new CD and DVD players for home use will play MP3's.

As for the satellite radio, I would not want this myself. I like to hear the
local news and traffic reports when going around. I also like our local
rock and jazz stations. With XM radio, you pay and just get music. Because
of the quality of most of these radios, and the way that they compress the
signals, I found them to have some artefacts to my perception when
listening. I personally would not go to the bother of doing a detailed test
on one of these. Another thing, in my personal opinion, I don't think the
subscription fees for satellite radio are worth for what I would be getting.
For the amount of time that a person spends in their car, or even to listen
to radio at home, I think these fees can be put for something more useful.

BUT, there are many people who spend a lot of time in there cars where
it would be beneficial. A few trucking companies i do work for have
these in there cross country trucks. Going across the mountains, radio
sucks. The XM works. They love it. Is it for everybody? NO.
It would be good for background music in commercial establishments too.
(rights issues aside)

Bob