Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Use condenser sax mic with xvive wireless guitar system ?

On 26/09/2018 10:54 PM, Bill wrote:
In message , geoff
writes

I do the warranty and other service on AKG gear in NZ. A while ago
they had a plug-in guitar transmitter (now discontinued, for good
reason), called a 'Snap-On'. Proved to be more of a snap-off.

Hey Geoff, apologies for hi-jacking this thread, but it might be
relevant....

I have an AKG PT40 dual system. Guitar and Mic. Both transmitters are
encased in black, soft plastic and on both this has gone slightly sticky
and squishy.

Both still work, but it's uncomfortable in use. I had a very early
tablet computer that went the same way and couldn't find any way of
curing the problem. I wonder if there is any treatment to stabilise this?

Yeah I have seen (felt!) that before - really yukky. Not sure what
circumstance causes it because it is only occasional. I think it is a
satin coating on the plastic reacting with extreme humidity.

Try rubbing it off with an iso-soaked rag. Better still strip out all
the internals to do it, cos otherwise you can get liquid into the LCD
window.

geoff