Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Use condenser sax mic with xvive wireless guitar system ?

On 26/09/2018 8:23 PM, geoff wrote:
On 26/09/2018 3:00 PM, wrote:
Thanks Geoff, I am considering ordering the AKG WMS40 Mini dual
wireless system to use with my AKG mics but before I do was wondering
if there is an option without a body pack. Using a bulky wireless
receiver is more cables and components which sort of defeats the
purpose of wireless by needing more cables and a power cable and
feeling like being strapped into a body pack. I love the new guitar
wireless systems for the neatness and simplicity of it and wish there
was an option like that for mini condenser mics. I asked AKG if they
had a mini lithium battery wireless system for mics in the works but
they dont. Xvive is coming out with something soon but only for
dynamic mics:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ireless.ht ml

I do the warranty and other service on AKG gear in NZ. A while ago they
had a plug-in guitar transmitter (now discontinued, for good reason),
called a 'Snap-On'. Proved to be more of a snap-off.

You don't feel wired in to the transmitter so much if you attach the
transmitter to the sax neck-strap, though this presumably feels more
solid on a guitar strap than a sax strap.

The cheap AKG transmitter work of one AA alkaline, and the top line off
two. These last for longer than any gig you'll ever do, so why the
lithium ?

The receiver end requires the receiver, and wall-wart, and a signal
cable which is hardly onerous, considering you are presumably plugging
it into other gear requiring a cable or two !

geoff

Also beware cheaper 2.4GHz systems when in a room full of people with
smartphones and wi-fi enabled. Though top-range 2.4GHz systems may have
smart frequency-hopping/redundancy scheme to avoid glitches.

Fewer such problems with regular UHF systems.

geoff