Posted to rec.audio.pro
PStamler PStamler is offline

Default Use condenser sax mic with xvive wireless guitar system ?

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 10:01:02 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Thanks Geoff, I am considering ordering the AKG WMS40 Mini dual wireless system to use with my AKG mics but before I do was wondering if there is an option without a body pack. Using a bulky wireless receiver is more cables and components which sort of defeats the purpose of wireless by needing more cables and a power cable and feeling like being strapped into a body pack. I love the new guitar wireless systems for the neatness and simplicity of it and wish there was an option like that for mini condenser mics. I asked AKG if they had a mini lithium battery wireless system for mics in the works but they dont. Xvive is coming out with something soon but only for dynamic mics:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ireless.ht ml

There are some miniature condenser mics that power their headamps with batteries, so they don't need phantom power.

Peace,
Paul