Posted to rec.audio.tubes
patrick-turner patrick-turner is offline

Default Wien Bridge Oscilator, 1Hz to 1MHz.

More from me about wien bridge oscilator.

The idea of passing idc through fet does not make any difference to the nature of the effective Rd - it remains a very non linear resistance.

WB oscilators with lamps or thermistors are probably all capable of producing far less THD. But perhaps using current source from a bjt collector with PNP MJE350 to pass some dc through 3 x 12V/50mA lamps to warm them up so R = 100r, so 3 give R = 300r, and then NFB network total R = 900r, and that may work well. The main FB R = 600r approx, and would be cap coupled to lamps, and Idc controlled with rectified voltage to MJE350 base and current limited with say 220r emitter R between +20V and emitter.

"Grain of wheat" 12V lamps have about 27r at 20C and when hot are 240r.

I could get a type 327 lamp, 28Vx40mA = 700r at max on current, and maybe 240r at situation where you wan to use them in WB oscilator, sometimes with cathode Idc flowing through one at V1 cathode of a 2 stage tubes oscilator. I recall HP's first WB oscilator had this.

Patrick Turner.