Default A comparative versus evaluative, double-blind vs. sighted control test

Bob Marcus wrote:

Ultimately, the idea that we need some new test to determine whether
traditional DBTs are valid is absurd. I'm not qualified to say whether they
are, but neither is Harry Lavo. The people who ARE so qualified are the
experts who study human hearing perception for a living, and they use these
tests all the time in all sorts of ways to answer all sorts of questions.

Such a 'verifying' test has not been done for a very simple reason:

The blind protocols have been SHOWN to be sensitive down to the lowest
instantaneous loudness that results in a signal at the auditory nerve.

It is a waste of time to do a 'verifying' test when a test validates itself,
based on already well known research data.