Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Step 2 on Fisher Iron

For the record, I am collecting all this wisdom and advice for further
action. Through October, we are dealing with closing and winterizing
our summer house, getting the main house ready for winter, and doing
some last-minute heating-system installations for the kids' houses. I
will post a couple of proposed schematics in November for critique and
suggestions. And likely start breadboarding around American
Thanksgiving.

I have checked the transformers, the outputs match and show no apparent
defects, the power transformer will sit (unloaded) for hours and barely
get warm. Output voltages were as-expected, so it appears superficially
that the iron is good.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA