Lionel

Bruce J. Richman wrote:
Peter Thomas wrote:

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 19:42:57 GMT, "Michael McKelvy"
wrote:

Every classroom I was ever in had a picture of the current president.

Why?

Yes, why do American classrooms have photos of Al Gore?

I don't know that they do.

But you said "Every classroom I was ever in had a picture of the
current president".

If we're on about that Bush dude who has taken office in highly
dubious circumstances,

Yes, indeed the Democrat tried their hardest to make it seem that way.
While the truth is they were trying to steal teh election because they
didn't like the outcome.

Ah, so the Florida roadblocks set up to stop black people voting must
have been a figment of the imagination of my friend's mum - who lives
in Florida.

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried

What you've just heard is the standard right-wing neoconservative bull**** that
is recited whenever this issue comes up. It has been well documented that many
blacks were either intimidated or outright turned away from voting booths by
State troopers for various reasons. It's also a well known fact that most
African Amercians tend to vote for Democratic canddiates.

Concerning the current elections, the president's borther, Jeb, and the
Republican Secretary of State in Florida have been up to their old tricks, it
would appear. Jeb has tried to drag his feet on not letting felons that have
served their time in prison be reinstated on the voting rolls, as is their
right. Guess what? A large majority of these felons just happen to be African
Americans and African Americans generally son't vote for Republican candidates.
And as another questionable tactic, the Republican Secretary of State appears
to be trying to disqualify voters in several predominantly Democratic counties,
such as Broward (Ft. Lauderdale area) for the following petty technicality -
not checking off a box on the voter registration form in which the registrant
affirms he is a citizen of the USA. This would not be a problem, except, as
has been widely reported in local newspapers, many of the se registrants have
SIGNED THE REGISTRATION FORM IN WHICH THEY SWEAR THAT THEY ARE CITIZENS OF THE
USA. Therefore, trying to use the fact that they overlooked checking a box off
in whch the same information is required is obviously just another attempt to
decrease voter registration, especially in counties such as Broward which have
in past elections voted in significant majorities for the Democratic
candidates.

As John Kerry & John Eedwards said in their recent debates, "More of the same"
is what can be expected from the Republicans, it would appear.

Bruce J. Richman

Be careful to Bruce J. Richman, he is an authentic schizophrenic.

As far as the subject concern US internal policy he looks like a
debonair democrat.
Once I have try to discuss with him of the situation in Israel and
Palestine and suddenly the kind oldster metamorphosed himself in
pitiless and sanguinary Zealot. Strange experience... :-(