Michael McKelvy

"Peter Thomas" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 17:15:25 +0100, Roger McDodger
wrote:

Every classroom I was ever in had a picture of the current president.

Why?

Yes, why do American classrooms have photos of Al Gore?

I don't know that they do. Perhaps when he was Vice President.

I fail to see that,
like everyone else in this thread. Do explain how you know more than
us.
It's part of the education process,

"To imbue with a partisan or ideological point of view"
Just how education is "a picture" of the current president? Don't you
think kids see enough pictures of Their Leader in newspapers, on TV,
in educational materials etc?

If we're on about that Bush dude who has taken office in highly
dubious circumstances,

Yes, indeed the Democrat tried their hardest to make it seem that way.
While the truth is they were trying to steal teh election because they
didn't like the outcome.

don't schools in Britain have pictures of the Queen and/or the PM?

Maybe in a book or as part of an exercise or something. We don't have
them plastered all over the walls, and we don't worship them.

Not yet, anyway, but the plans for Blair Youth are coming along fine.

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried