Posted to comp.misc,rec.audio.tech
Julian Macassey Julian Macassey is offline

Default [CM] Headphones - Hearing aids

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 22:04:55 +1000, Trevor wrote:
On 25/04/2017 9:57 PM, Julian Macassey wrote:
On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 20:29:20 +1000, Trevor wrote:
On 25/04/2017 12:33 AM, Julian Macassey wrote:
On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 17:58:03 +1000, Trevor wrote:
On 24/04/2017 4:16 PM, Julian Macassey wrote:
not be prevented from phoning home if it has a net connection. I
assume that it could with an agressively programmed router.

Or simple settings in Windows itself. Whilst MS don't make it too easy,
and your admin friend is obviously not that clued in, it is not really
that hard. Much harder to stop many smart TV's etc!

So, what are these settings that you seem to be clued
into. Obviously if you can stop Windows 10 from phoning home, we
should all know how to do this.

Most people already know how to use the internet to find this sort of
thing. The rest probably aren't worried.

How helpful of you.

Could it be that you yourself don't actually know how to
stop Windows 10 from phoning home? Yes, I know you can select
some things. I'm talking about no phoning home.

--
"We see businesses that don't produce anything and run at an astonishing
loss valued in the billions of dollars." - Maciej Cegłowski 9 Sept 2014