Posted to comp.misc,rec.audio.tech
Julian Macassey Julian Macassey is offline

Default [CM] Headphones - Hearing aids

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 20:29:20 +1000, Trevor wrote:
On 25/04/2017 12:33 AM, Julian Macassey wrote:
On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 17:58:03 +1000, Trevor wrote:
On 24/04/2017 4:16 PM, Julian Macassey wrote:

not be prevented from phoning home if it has a net connection. I
assume that it could with an agressively programmed router.

Or simple settings in Windows itself. Whilst MS don't make it too easy,
and your admin friend is obviously not that clued in, it is not really
that hard. Much harder to stop many smart TV's etc!

So, what are these settings that you seem to be clued
into. Obviously if you can stop Windows 10 from phoning home, we
should all know how to do this.

As for Google and Facebook, their behaviour is an
excellent reason to avoid them - Even if you do think you have
nothing to hide. Governments have never been restrained by the
privacy laws they want other citizens and governments to follow.

And sadly people happily give away all privacy as soon as someone
mentions terrorism. Amazing that they do not give up their gun rights
though when thousands of times more people are killed by US citizens
with guns than any terrorist in the USA. That's politics for you.

The only Amendment left of the Bill of Rights is the
second amendment. Now that we don't live in fear of Communism, we
have to live in fear of terrorism.

--
"That's not the way the world really works anymore, We're an empire now,
and when we act, we create our own reality." Karl Rove to Ron Suskind