Posted to comp.misc,rec.audio.tech
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default [CM] Headphones - Hearing aids

On 24/04/2017 10:08 PM, geoff wrote:
On 24/04/2017 7:45 PM, Trevor wrote:
Secondly if we are to take your statement literally then nobody should
wear ANY hearing aid for fear of damaging what is left of their hearing
at any frequency!

I'm surprised people bother to make these comments without knowing
anything about hearing aids.

And despite me making no claim to know anything about audiology , it
would still vastly surprise me that the simple remedy for a loss at a
particular band is solely to boost the **** out of that band. 14k, 8k,
3k, or whatever.

Be surprised then, hearing aids are available with over 80dB gain for
the profoundly deaf! Nobody claimed you would make that much adjustment
of ONLY one band besides you though. And apparently you still have no
idea that 14k is NOT a band covered by any hearing aid.