ruffrecords

Karl Uppiano wrote:
"ruffrecords" wrote in message

Karl Uppiano wrote:

The flaw in this argument is that this set up assumes it is the same as
the linear superposition of the of the two signals in a single
transducer. it is not.

A single loudspeaker reproducing the linear sum of two different
frequencies. The higher frequency "riding" back and forth on the lower
frequency. Will that not affect the wavelength of the higher frequency as
a function motion of the diaphragm due to the lower frequency, assuming
the speed of sound in air remains constant under these conditions?

Go look in a good text book for the words 'linear' and 'sum'

Why don't you just answer my question, and forego the superior attitude? I'm
sure you can figure out what I meant.

OK. No, otherwise it would not be a linear sum. Hence my reading
suggestion.

Ian