Randy Yates

"Arny Krueger" writes:

"Randy Yates" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" writes:
"Randy Yates" wrote in message

[...]
The deviation is dependent on the throw of the cone and the
modulating frequency (higher frequencies have a higher
first derivative, thus the associated Doppler will be higher)
These effects are highly implementation- and signal-specific.

Yes, note that our experiments cover a range of 40 dB.

40 dB? What exactly is 40 dB?

Sound level intensity. I think the actual SPLs were 78, 88, 98 and 108 dB,
more or less @ 1 meter. RS SPL meter so its not excactly NBS tracable,

What level was the first plot on your site (the one with the simple 4000 + 50
Hz signal) made at? (Approximate is fine.)

Also, as I asked in a personal email, if cone motion does not account
for the AM, then how would you account for it?
--
% Randy Yates % "The dreamer, the unwoken fool -
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % in dreams, no pain will kiss the brow..."