Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio

Default converting WAV file to MP3

On 1/11/2020 1:56 AM, lid wrote:
Where can I find the authentic site for Razor LAME?

https://lame.sourceforge.io/

What is the main development / release / distribution site for Razor
LAME? Is there some other LAME package which I should use instead of
Razor?

Sourceforge is the official LAME development and support web site. If
you get the encoder there, you'll be getting the genuine article. The
basic LAME encoder can be run from a command line, but it's really
intended to be used with some other supporting application like Audacity
(which is a full out audio recorder and editor).

Razor is a graphic front end for LAME so you don't need to install
another program if you just want to encode files that you have on your
computer. It uses the genuine LAME encoder code, so the encoded quality
will be the same as any other program that uses LAME. If you're
concerned about the "legitimacy" of the download site, you're probably
safe with the link from the Sourceforge web site:

http://www.dors.de/razorlame/index.php

WinLame is another GUI front end for LAME from the Sourceforge group:

https://winlame.sourceforge.io/