Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Old Mackie CR 1604 vlz .... ribbon cable problems?

Mike Rivers wrote:

Mackie did have a ribbon cable problem at one time and they were sending
out replacement cables, but I don't believe the problem was with the
smaller mixers, only on the larger SR series and the d8b digital
console.

** I saw a few CR1604s that were affected by the bad ribbon cable issue.

A new set of cables was the only reliable cure - one could use spray cleaner and reseat the plugs ( using bench vise) but that never proved permanent.

..... Phil