Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Monitors - Is More Expensive Always More Neutral?

On 21/09/2018 7:22 am, Scott Dorsey wrote:
James Price wrote:
As an aside, I assume more neutral doesn't equate to more
pleasing, as honesty isn't necessarily flattering.

Definitely not, but I don't want to be pleased by bad sound. If something
sounds wrong, I want to notice it as soon as possible, before the customer
does.

Yep, and once you go down that track, what sounds more 'flattering" on
some music will sound less so on others anyway. Far better to have as
much neutrality as possible within the constraints of whatever
parameters are deemed necessary for your own situation.