Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default Live Interview Microphone

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 1:39:54 PM UTC-4, mcp6453 wrote:
I'm looking for a recommendation for a live interview microphone that is highly impervious to popping. I've tried an
omni, which is good for popping and wind noise, but it picks up too much ambient noise. SM58s and SM57s pop like crazy
as do almost all other mics. Someone recommended a Sennheiser MD46 for low handling noise, but I don't know about its
pop susceptibility. Maybe an MD421 with an 8" foam ball windscreen. (Just kidding.)

When Bobby Darin was recording Mac The Knife, at that "pearly white" part, he was told to tone the "p" down, due to popping!!

Jack