Posted to rec.audio.pro
david gourley[_2_] david gourley[_2_] is offline

Default Live Interview Microphone

mcp6453 said...news:BaidnZB8qt55J9vEnZ2dnUU7-
:

I'm looking for a recommendation for a live interview microphone that is

highly impervious to popping. I've tried an
omni, which is good for popping and wind noise, but it picks up too much

ambient noise. SM58s and SM57s pop like crazy
as do almost all other mics. Someone recommended a Sennheiser MD46 for low

handling noise, but I don't know about its
pop susceptibility. Maybe an MD421 with an 8" foam ball windscreen. (Just

kidding.)

What kind of omni? How about an EV655? It was good enough for Dick Clark.

david

---