Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio
Barry Barry is offline

Default Software to turn a PC into an Equalizer

On Apr 29, 3:23 pm, Barry wrote:
On Apr 29, 11:04 am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

That's great. You bolt your chair to the wall, and put your head into
a huge clamp, then screw it down so you can't move more than a quarter
wave at 20 KC.
--scott

this is getting out of hand

can't one just buy some good speakers, set a few bricks on them and go

I mean.. this is all about perception anyway
(what people actually hear)

I can appreciate a few tweaks but 1,000's of dollars just to find a
flat spot?

pulease

plug the stuff in and go already..

when you have artists like myself and bb king etc.. that stuff don't
mount to nothing

I DONT' CARE

I can play the piano laying in the floor, that's how good I am

I PLAY IT BEHIND MY NECK, ILL STAND ON IT AND PLAY IT BACKWARDS
I CAN SWAP LEFT AND RIGHT HAND TASKS...

HELL WITH IT

IM THE PINK, WHITE AND RESIDENCE NOISE IN THE ROOM

when i go in the studio,you see one thing.. looking at me..

but when i pull up on the mic.. i tell them.. better start with the
volume down then pull me up.. and I go for it! I try to eat the mic..
cause...

Im not shy.. I give the engineers something to work with...

they always.. adjust themselves in their chairs inside of 1 min..
like...

ok! lets get it on!

why somebody pay big money to get in there and get mealy mouthed!

I need dynamics and imperfections and sing of pitch sometimes
I like to come in early and go out late...

all these wimpy loop beats and pretty little fun machine drum machine
genies and pat boone licks.. JESUS

I need a LIVE band.. one I can inspire.. players that inspire me...

just spin it till it sounds good.. then record it
it's got to sound good in the room you're playing it
too much diddling goin on if you ask me

I also think mixes are better when the input is driven hard into the
medium
eq is ok.. but why not drive the sound into the hardrive.. I don't
KNOW this, but tend to believe it makes all the difference. it puts a
pulse into what you hear that eq can't do.

and I know nothing about pro recording

why everybody scared
why a song got to be structured and pretty
why not... play our instruments till our hands are sweaty.. then goto
recording the stuff..

i've NEVER recorded cold... it's too nice that way.

did you know that the worlds most played song is Get Up (I Feel Like
Being A) Sex Machine, Pt. 1, James Brown