Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio
Steve Karl Steve Karl is offline

Default Software to turn a PC into an Equalizer

It takes as long as you decide it takes ... or as long as you're willing to pay the snake oil salesman.

"Here In Oregon" wrote in message . ..
Geez, I wasn't looking forward to a thread on EQing a room today.

The engineer I flew in roughly six weeks ago has been EQing my now redesigned and acoustically treated room with six hundred feet
of new cable, new equipment, two power conditioners with battery backup and a smorgasbord of additional products and equipment. I
have never worked so hard in my life.

Pink noise now coming out the ying yang.
All three of us have filters in our ears and at one time three days ago he was doing some crossover subwoofer management without
my knowledge and I was in the bathroom and heard an associate talking real loud. I literally was feeling an earthquake or a
volcano happening and came running out to find subwoofers doing their thing but the whole building was shaking.

Again,... he takes everything to the Nth degree and I call him "Hey Einstien".

My question is how long should it take to EQ a room that has been sonically treated and is fundamentally a good room to begin
with? Subjective question I know. Actually a stupid question.

He is working diligently into the 4:00 am region of time and is spending at least twelve to fourteen hours a day. He is slow
though and very methodical!

Pardon me if my post is incoherent but the pink noise is driving me crazy. Maybe I should get out!

Last night at 3:00 am with ear plugs on I was reading reviews by Mike Rivers and Ty Ford in the same magazine.

Thanks guys for your time and a heads up on both of your reviews ;-)