Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Do Dented Dust Caps affect a Woofer's Sound?

On 17/10/2018 1:39 pm, Paul wrote:
On 10/16/2018 6:53 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
Paul wrote:
One of my Event TR5s has a dented woofer dust cap.
Â*Â*Â*Â* Consensus here is "no":
https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/top...-affect-sound/
Â*Â*Â*Â* If not, I'll stop trying to get the dent out! (vacuum cleaner
did not work!)

** Take a sewing needle and insert the point into the dented part of
the dome, at as shallow an angle as possible. Try to pull the dent
outward.

Usually works after a few attempts.

A drop of water encourages any pin hole mark left to seal itself over.

Â*Â*Â* Water??Â* Don't you mean a tiny dab of glue?

Water can work for paper dust caps by expanding the fibres. It's
certainly not going to work for polymer dust caps!