Nousaine

Default B&W Nautilus 804 inner wiring modification

(Guruguru) wrote:

....snip....

(Nousaine) wrote in message

"Poor" wires can't, in my opinion, necessarily be evaluated by visual
inspection unless they are defective in some way (insulation scraped or
something.) But don't forget that the wire may be intentionally that way as

in
have a certain resistance value. I've tested literally hundreds of finished
loudspeakers and have never seen tab connectors to be an issue physically

or
sonically.

About 6,3mm tab terminals, they work as funnel, transfer resistance is
much higher than on spades or solder connections, think that you know
that.

But R still seems to be insignificant. As I said I've evaluated 100's of home
and autosound sound systems and have never found tab connections to be an issue
either in reliability or in sound quality.

Wire it self is made out of somekind steel mixture (not silver).

So it may have some resistive characteristic then :-}