John Byrns

Hi Doug,

I have four of these speakers myself, I really like them, although that is
probably not a good recommendation as I have a tin ear. I am curious how
you happened to pick them when you were in "the speaker cabinet
manufacturing business"? What were the other parameters of the system you
used them in, cabinet type, other drivers, etc.?

Regards,

John Byrns

In article ,
(Troglodite) wrote:

Want to buy one (1) STEPHENS TRUSONIC 80FR in stock and working condition

I have a pair of 80FR's that are "almost" stock. I was in the speaker cabinet
manufacturing business in 1960. I bought about 200 80FR's from Stephens

at that
time. (Shortly after Burt Berlandt joined the company.) They are the standard
80FR build with two exceptions: The cast baskets are unpainted, and the
connections are solder terminals rather than the binding posts. I kept about 4
of these drivers for 40 years. I have just the two left. They are in excellent
condition. Please tell me why you want this particular speaker. (It will help
me decide whether I want to part with them, assuming you want them.)

Doug Moore

Surf my web pages at,
http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/