Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Default Remember kids, mics make lousy tub toys...

Paul Stamler wrote:

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message

"wave junkie" wrote ...

Why are they not using wireless for a baptism????

You apparently missed the Hollywood tabloid news flash about
the starlet who was saved from certain death when somebody
ripped the wireless mic off her just before she jumped into the
swimming pool. That 1.5V would have killed her!

(No members of the popular press know the slightest thing
about electricity, and their readers are even dumber.)

No kidding. I gave up on a very bad piece of detective fiction when it
talked about a guy electrocuted in a swimming pool and said "The voltage
current was so strong, the pool still measured 60 volts 12 hours after the
power was turned off." Aside from using phrases like "voltage current", this
is the equivalent of saying "The bullet that killed him was so powerful,
when we dug it out of his chest it was still moving at 30mph."

I hope you tape up any unused sockets so that electricty doesn't leak into the
atmosphere and cause cancer.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-