Posted to rec.audio.pro
Kiwanda[_2_] Kiwanda[_2_] is offline

Default Choosing a mic for the Edirol R-09

On Aug 3, 8:11 am, Mike Rivers wrote:

Audio-Technica has a stereo mic, the Pro24, that's in your price range
and will work fine with theR-09. It has a fixed 6 foot cable so you
might want to consider adding an extension cable for getting it close
to the wildlife.

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wi...6b3/index.html

This is what I'm using with my R-09. The built-ins are actually pretty
good for general purpose recording, i.e. capturing a conference
session or as an audio sketch pad. I recorded a two hour session at a
conference last month that included a Q&A with people speaking all
over the hall; it's all audible on the recording, perhaps a bit easier
to hear than it was actually sitting there in fact. And the unit does
offer a bit of control over levels, low freq cut, etc.

The Pro24 is what I use when actually recording music or interviews.
With a small stand it's fairly unobtrusive and the results are pretty
good. My only concern is the fixed cable, which past experience tells
me will develop a short at the base no matter how well I treat it.

-kiwanda