William C.

Default WARNING: MusicMatch Jukebox is smarter than you (like XP)

I got a new system. I put music match on it. But after a few rips,
downloaded the latest from cdburner.com, emailed for key, and, man what a
difference.
It doesn't get any simpler.
And the final product is superb.
I am a professional musician, and I use it to burn cds of my own material
for dist.

"Leslie A Rhorer" wrote in message
I also personally ripped my entire CD collection of over 350 CDs using
MusicMatch without a hitch not related to pilot error. There is one sort

of
bug in MM, and it is possible this is what has hit the original poster. I
lost over 700 songs (my best ones!) this way. It requires a mistake from
the user, but it is overly easy to make, IMHO.

When MM rips a song from a CD, it is placed in the library and

selected
just as if the user had held down the Ctrl key and clicked on the
selection. Thus, any previously selcted titles remian selected, whether

the
user realizes it, or not. In my case, I had the library sorted by
Preference. This works very well when ripping new songs, because all new
selections are placed in Miscellaneous (which I keep otherwise empty). I
had authored a mixed data / music CD for a slideshow I produce, and I

wanted
to rip the music back off the mixed mode CD, rather than having to go
through the tediom of creating the audio again. The problem was, MM
couldn't properly rip the music. It showed the correct times, but the rip
was one selection off. Instead of getting the music, it was ripping the
data (a horrrible sound, I can tell you!). Thus, I right clicked on the
track and selected "Remove Tracks" with "Also delete the selected file(s)
from my computer" checked. I didn't realize the "Excellent" preference

list
was also highlighted. Bang! The bad file and "Excellent" both

disappeared
from my hard drive. I had lost over 700 of my favorite songs!

Fortunately,
the songs themselves were all still available on my Nomad Jukebox. They
weren't sorted by preference, though, so I had to copy over 1700 songs

back
from the Jukebox, move them back to the right directory and then delete

all
the duplicates. Of course, I also wound up with 700 broken links, which I
had to repair. It took over 4 days.

"William C." wrote in message
I recently ripped my entire cd collection. Close to 200 cd. I used:

www.cdburner.com

Not one snag.

I got this program years ago. Absolutely no hassles. Free updates for

life.
Nothing I've tried comes close for ease of use, reliability, and quality

of
final product.

You can try it for free.

"Roy Jensen" wrote in message
om...
NOTE: The folks at MusicMatch haven't bothered responding to my email
requesting assistance with this.... My original emails were much more
polite than this, but since I'm venting here and its all true, there
isn't much they can do about it.

Hey: MusicMatch IDIOTS

What the HELL is your **** software (Jukebox basic) doing?

1. I rip my a collection of ~80 ORIGINAL CDs only to realize that 3/4
of the songs disappear!? I change the genre from Holiday to Christmas
and (sometime over next three days) it vaporizes from my HD. Doesn't
MusicMatch like Country? I rip 45 country CDs only to find that only
the last ones ripped are still on the HD!!! (The Christmas ones were
the first ripped.)

2. I add a directory of previously ripped MP3s and your **** deletes
20 % of the files!!?? What the HELL?

Care to explain why your **** deletes MP3 files as it sees fit.