Leslie A Rhorer

Default WARNING: MusicMatch Jukebox is smarter than you (like XP)

"Roy Jensen" wrote in message
om...
NOTE: The folks at MusicMatch haven't bothered responding to my email
requesting assistance with this.... My original emails were much more
polite than this, but since I'm venting here and its all true, there
isn't much they can do about it.

It doesn't help to be impolite here, either.

1. I rip my a collection of ~80 ORIGINAL CDs only to realize that 3/4
of the songs disappear!? I change the genre from Holiday to Christmas
and (sometime over next three days) it vaporizes from my HD. Doesn't
MusicMatch like Country? I rip 45 country CDs only to find that only
the last ones ripped are still on the HD!!! (The Christmas ones were
the first ripped.)

You are not providing enough detail. What, exactly are you dong in MM
when the files disappear? If it is happening when MM is not in use, then it
isn't MM that is the culprit. Are you sure it is the file which is
disappearing, or is it just the track listing? Or conversely, is the
listing still there, but the file gone? If the latter, then it is almost
certainly not MM causing the problem. You need to provide a full detail of
the symptoms surrounding the problem. If this is all you know of the
symptoms, then you need to pay a great del more attention to the problem and
document it in a thorough fashion, or else no one, either at Music Match or
in this forum, will be able to help you.

2. I add a directory of previously ripped MP3s and your **** deletes
20 % of the files!!?? What the HELL?

What do you mean "add a directory"? There is no direct provision in MM
for manually adding a directory to the hard drive. Are you adding all the
songs in an existing directory to a playlist or library? MM does not modify
files when adding them to a playlist or library. You can easily prove this
for yourself. Set a file not in your playlist or library to Read Only and
try adding it to the listing. It will do so without a hitch. If you try
deleting the track, however, it will remove it from the library, but will
pop up a dialog saying "Could not delete xxxxx This file is read only...
The file will remain on your computer but the entry will be deleted from yur
library."

By default, MM will automatically add a directory stucture based on the
artist name and album name if they are available, but it should never delete
any files except by your command. AFAIK, there is no provision for deleting
directories, at all. Again, try the procedure again, but set the files to
read-only prior to doing whatever it is you are doing in Music Match. If
the OS complains about read-only access, thne you know when it is happening
and we can proceed from there. If this pops up later, when MM is not
running, then again, you know MM is not the culprit.

Care to explain why your **** deletes MP3 files as it sees fit.

Exactly what algorithm do you think they are using to delete files?

Get you **** together, or stuff it back up your ass.