Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Trevor Wilson[_2_] Trevor Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default Another proposal

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
ti.fi...
"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message

[ASIDE] Just last week, I quoted a client on a new pair of speakers. He
asked about new speaker cables and what I could sell him. I promptly
asked what he was using and how long they were. On hearing his answer
(and, bearing in mind that his new speakers were essentially resistive @
4 Ohms above 400 Hz and the cable run was 3 Metres), I told him not to
waste time buggering about with new speaker cables. This, despite the
fact that I could have made good money selling him something I felt was
completely unnecessary. Had he insisted, I would certainly sell him
anything he wanted. However, I believe that people pay me for good
advice, not advice which will enrich me.

Perhaps you should have ben a Buddhist,
not a hi-fi salesman.Your considerably
enhanced karma will be of great future
benefit:-)

**No, Iain. Unlike you, I deal in the truth and facts. I promise you this: I
will NEVER extract money from clients by selling them rubbish, like SET
amplifiers. That would be the ultimate hypocrisy. Well, that and exhorting
people to buy SET amps, whilst not actually owning one (much like you).

Trevor Wilson