Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default Audio Editor vs. DAW: Whats the Difference?

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 3:00:51 PM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
wrote in message

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 7:43:05 AM UTC-4, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Mike Rivers
wrote:
On 8/18/2017 1:04 AM, Trevor wrote:
Not really. Many people have never used MIDI in their projects, and I'd
go so far as to say most (as in more than 50%) don't these days.

When you use a virtual instrument, you're using MIDI. Who doesn't use
virtual instruments?

I have never in my life used a virtual instrument.

Same here!!!

Yeah, now DAW (Reaper) is a music composer (and video) editor. Nothing to do
with digital sound!! Reaper will die, headed in the same direction as
WinAmp.

Don't think so. Reaper is here to stay. It's a great program with little
fluff and all the customization anyone would need. At a price that's low
and no limitations on the demo with the exception of a nag screen for a few
seconds.
Winamp kicked the Llama's ass....so does Reaper.

You guys must redefine your DAW then, if a music composer are now DAW!
Didn't have them back with electronic gear.

"Reaper is NOT free, and it says that very clearly on the Cockos website. It says that very clearly in the program itself. It's $60 (or $225 if you're using it in a high-volume enough studio)"

$225!!

5 Second wait?!

Jack

Poly