Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Audio Editor vs. DAW: Whats the Difference?

On 18/08/2017 6:02 AM, geoff wrote:
On 18/08/2017 12:07 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
geoff wrote:
And now we are coming to an era when some of the video editing
applications
now have sufficiently good sound editing functions that there are people
using them for just sound work. And it's not just Fairlight, although
there
are still plenty of Fairlight devotees.

Vegas always has. No MIDI though, so I guess stretching to describe as a
DAW.

Not really. Many people have never used MIDI in their projects, and I'd
go so far as to say most (as in more than 50%) don't these days. Vegas
does support MIDI controllers though which is something else of course.

Trevor.