Posted to rec.audio.car
Eddie Runner Eddie Runner is offline

Default polk 6x9

John Durbin wrote:
I had quoted Martin Collums' High Performance Loudspeakers and Vance
Dickason's Loudspeaker Cookbook early on in the discussion, but I guess
maybe these guys missed it - twice in Matt's case - cause they kept
asking for titles. I threw in the Audio Cyclopedia the second time around.

Not you but someone else mentioned books also, I was trying to get him
to name titles (Im a book fanatic) just to (a) see if he really can
read. (b) see if there might be some books I dont already have or know
about.

You mentioned Collums - reading gives someone a good foundation.

You mentioned Dickason - IMO some conflicting info, and most of it is
based on jaes papers, alot in this book is kinda confusing for most
folks, but it has become one of the most talked about speaker books in
the last decade (maybe one of the only speaker books in the last decade)

and you mentioned the Audio Cyclopedia, one of my very very favorite
books, I love it, there is so much stuff in there it amazes me every
time I open it. I have three copies, one is old, I have used it so much
the hard covers have fallen off and been taped back on several times,
the old one has stuff in it about ancient tape technology, hearing aid
technology and of course much on speakers from the old days, interesting
that alot has not changed... I have a newer version (or in better shape
at least), and I have a much newer one that is Handbook for Sound
Engineers - The NEW audio cyclopedia...

Fun stuff!

Eddie Runner