Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default Sports Bar Hum Job Questions

George G wrote:

Hank , every one else is well along with get ideas for your problem
I am wondering if there is a optical link you could make and simply avoid
the whole issue
then if the video recievers cause a problem , dump it back on the videots
george

Tomorrow I'll see if disconnecting the lines feeding video to the piano
bar breaks the ground loop, and if that makes any difference on the
unfortunate voltage potential between hot and ground. I discovered the
possibility that the two rooms are receiving electricity from separate
services.

I don't think I'm going to get to dump anythinng back on anybody. The
licensed electrician says everything's fine, the vidiots are from a Best
Buy in Reno (100+ miles one-way), etc. I think I'm in for a learning
experience.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam