Neil Henderson

"Ethan Winer" ethanw at ethanwiner dot com wrote in message

I've got some bass traps in the corners & on the back wall, and they
help,

but I'm still getting some very ****ing annoying low-end buildup - I
assume
from the low ceiling.

Just as you can never be too thin or too rich, you can never have too much
bass trapping. What kind of traps do you have, how many, and which
corners?
And how big is the room?

Ethan, I have one trap built as per some of your instructions (going to do
at least a couple more of those, as I have the O-C 703 on hand, but I wanted
to try one first just to see how it went), and I have four Auralex corner
traps that I got a good price on used from a local home theater installer...
he had them installed in a display at a home show recently. As for the
placement, I've tried a number of different combinations so far - I just
don't think I have enough trapping yet. It's making *some* difference, but
not enough. As for the room size, it's difficult to say exactly what the
effective room size really is, because of a couple factors like an alcove on
one side, and a large opening that shoots off into another room on another,
but the room "proper" is 19' x 19'.

Neil Henderson