agent86

"Ethan Winer" ethanw at ethanwiner dot com wrote:

A-86,

What are your thoughts on using a totally soft wall facing a hard wall if

one must record in a relatively narrow room ( 12')?

That can be useful, though I usually prefer to treat both opposing walls
in a checkerboard pattern. But having one totally absorbent surface gives
you a place to record acoustic guitars and vocals near, to avoid comb
filtering.

That would be my preference as well. I'm stuck with an immovable
ciderblock wall & an immovable (load bearing) 2X6 frame wall about 10-1/2"
apart. I was toying with the idea of putting 2 layers of 5/8 sheetrock on
the outside, then putting carpet or burlap right over the fiberglass in the
inside, without anything reflective. Kind of LSDS (live-side-dead-side)
instead of LEDE.

Thanks.