Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default High pitched noise is affected by mouse movement.

On 4/12/2020 9:56 AM, Tobiah wrote:
If I unplug the MIA outputs from the switch, the sound is gone.
As soon as I bring either Echo output to the switch, with the
Presonus selected, the sound comes back.

Sounds like some garbage is getting from the computer chassis to the
switch through the shield of the cable going between the Mia output and
switch. This isn't the same as a ground loop even though the garbage is
carried through the ground wire.

An isolation transformer might fix it, or maybe disconnecting the shield
from one end of the cable(s) from the Mia output.

PS - This is NOT a ground loop even though it involves a ground wire.

PSS - 1 kHz isn't "hum," it's "whine."