Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Syncing audio and video for casual production

In article , Tobiah wrote:

They will stay in
sync for over an hour if both are digital recorders.

I assumed clock drift was going to be a problem. I'll
give it a go, since this doesn't have to be professional,
and I'm recording short individual pieces at home. I
suppose it's likely that the camera and my sound card will
keep pretty similar time. The camera will also be relatively
close to the instrument.

If you have a guide track on the camera, or you put slates on both beginning
and end, you can actually quantify the clock drift and see how bad it is
and thus compensate for it.

In reality, drift is pretty much not an issue... but I like to slate the end
just in case someday it is.