Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Modern Reviewing Practices In Audio Rags Have Become Useless

"ScottW" wrote in message
On Saturday, August 3, 2013 9:04:56 AM UTC-7, Arny Krueger wrote:
"ScottW" wrote in message

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:29:54 AM UTC-7, Audio_Empire wrote:

FWIW....music is a horrible objective accuracy test source. I don't
know

of any kind of objective test that can use music as a source beyond a

reference comparison.

If you don't have a reference that you are comparing to, you aren't doing
test.

An objective limit is not usually referred to as a reference for
comparison.

You seem to have missed the point.

Speaks to an apparent lack of familiarity with modern objective testing
techniques that like proper subjective testing uses music as a reference
comparison. Basically we have the ready means to numerically compare a
source signal to what it becomes after passing through some process. We
can
numerically quanitify changes in gain, timing, spectral response and
nonlinear distortion as well as qunaitify the addition of noise by this
means.

Every test you mention can be done far more accurately and repeatable with
a test signal specifically suited to the test. Music won't be it.

In essence, you've just repeated the earlier false statement without
providing any additional evidence.

In fact the accuracy and repeatability can be pretty much equal.