Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] jerry@7-365.com is offline

Default using an 8 ohm speaker with a car radio

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 8:18:19 PM UTC-6, jbclem wrote:
I have a Radio Shack "Minimus-77" 8 ohm speaker/enclosure. I'd like to use

it with a car radio, but don't know how it will work compared to the usual 4

ohm car radio speaker. Would it have to be adapted to match the 4 ohms

requirement, will it work ok but with less volume? Does it depend on the

actual car radio model? Any ideas about this...

if you hook it up without an amp it will not do much. How big is the speaker? what kind of car u putting this in. in a trunk? When i was growing up my cousin took some old 15" sub and put a cheap amp on it and it hit ok. With no amp nothing much will happen.