Stewart Pinkerton

Default tweaks and proof

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 05:58:24 GMT, B&D wrote:

On 7/7/04 3:07 AM, in article 6jNGc.36270$a24.31089@attbi_s03, "chung"
wrote:

In case you have forgotten, Tom's question was how did the designers
design those products, if, as Mr Bromo suggested, no one knows how to
make measurements that show those products work.

If that was the question then it was based on a false premise. Bromo never
claimed "no one knows how to make measurements that shows those products
work."

Please read with more care. Here is what Tom asked:

"Again what should we be measuring to confirm 'amp/wire' sound that we
haven't already done?"

To which, Mr Bromo replied:

"It might be that no one knows. "

The question posted by Tom was how did the designers design those
products *if, as Mr. Bromo suggested,* no one knows how to make
measurements that show those products work.

That would be what I said - to clarify, there may be a listenable difference
in the amp-wire-speaker combination - but based upon the way measurements
are done, it is possible we have missed something. No shame in that.

I's nothing to do with measurements - there is simply *no* evidence
that *anyone* can hear differences among nominally competent cables.
Until the premise of 'cable sound' can be shown to *exist*, why should
we be measuring anything?